For my birthday, Joe took off work and we had a family weekend getaway on Lake Blackshear. We spent Friday afternoon at the Georgia State Fair in Perry, GA. When we lived in North Carolina a few years back, Joe and I went to the NC state fair a few times and love the fair experience. What a treat to have Grace with us this year.
There were tons of tractors on display and for sale. We started the afternoon off with a photo op that you don't get too often living in the suburbs.
Here are Joe and Grace watching a pig race. The fastest pig got an Oreo as his prize. Funny!
Grace loved all the animals and even wanted to pet the horses. She likes to touch eyes...hers, ours, Jacks...we had to keep her from touching the horses huge eyes!
To burn off some energy from sitting the the stroller, Joe and Grace went for a walk together.
There was a neat exhibit showing how chickens progress from eggs to chicks. There was an incubator where you could watch eggs hatch! Then, they had a pin full of fuzzy yellow chicks for the kids to hold and pet.
Grace got to pet a chick.
And here's my birthday treat...apple pie and ice-cream. I let Joe help me eat it.
Such a fun weekend together!
Looking back over the past year, wow, God has blessed me so much! Here's my prayer for the coming year as I thank God for who He is and what He's done, and as I keep going to Him for healing and restoration in my life.
From Psalm 34
I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
let us exalt his name together.
I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
let us exalt his name together.
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
he saved me from all my troubles.
For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
1 comment:
Happy birthday! What a fun day at the fair!
Post a Comment