Every year, there's a new fried food sold at the fair. It's getting pretty creative--fried snickers, fried coke, fried cauliflower. Here's Joe testing some fried dough, which is basically just a doughnut. The first bite was good, and every bite after that got less enjoyable.
One of my favorite fair snacks, corn on the cob.
There were tables and tables of prize winning produce. Most of the varieties were new to me.

Produce table at the fairThere was a large building full of livestock. Joe and I watched a pig judging contest. We both wondered what exactly makes one pig better than the next. After the winning pig was announced, the judge described why it was the best which had something to do with the way the pig carried its weight at the front of its body. (I still have a lot to learn about this.)
Flower show
As we wind up our day at the fair, I take a little break in the outdoor gardens. The weather was perfectly fall-like, cool in the shade warm in the sun.





No comments:
Post a Comment