Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waiting

We're at due date + 8 and baby girl seems perfectly happy to stay right where she is. Since I'm past my due date, I'm going to the doctor every 3 or 4 days for some closer monitoring, and everything looks perfectly healthy! The doctors estimate the baby weighs around 8 pounds. She's still very active and I'm constantly feeling knees and elbows poking at my sides. We'll induce labor on Sunday (tomorrow!) if I don't go into labor on my own over the next 24-hours. I'm just giddy thinking that I'll meet my daughter so soon!
Believe it or not, we've taken this extra time before the baby to tackle a few house projects. (When I say "we" I mean "Joe". I'm not much help with the heavy lifting these days.) We've always wanted to change the color of our front door and shutters from dark green to black. Here's Joe painting the shutters in the hot August sun. I love the change. Thanks, Joe.

3 comments:

Emily Hellman said...

You look cute Han on the day before the big day! I like the shutters, also, and the Loop the Lake shirt!

Michelle said...

Wow Joe, be careful up there! Hannah, you look great!!

Kim said...

Hey! I was just thinking about you today wondering if that little girl had made her appearance! Can't wait to see pictures! If you do give birth tomorrow, she will share a birthday with Eliana. She turns 1 tomorrow.