Monday, July 27, 2009

The Baby's Room

Here's a tour of the baby's room. Although home decorating isn't my favorite pastime, I had a great time setting up the baby's room. We all love hanging out in there (even Jack). It's cool, calm, and peaceful.
The nursery is a "sitting room" off the master bedroom. It's kinda hard to visualize if you've not been to our house. Basically, it's a small room with all the features of a bedroom (door, closet, windows), but you have to walk through our bedroom to get to the nursery. It could be used a lot of different ways (office, tv/reading room, sewing room [my next choice], etc.). We'll keep the baby there until she's ready, or we're ready, to move her to one of the other bedrooms. Since it's smaller than a typical bedroom, I had to get creative to fit all the necessities without making it over-crowded. I'm still finishing up a few details (need a few more things for the walls and a lamp), but the room is baby-ready!

I was standing in our bedroom, looking into the baby's room when I took this shot. Notice the newly installed ceiling fan. :) Joe is on a mission to install a ceiling fan in every room of the house. I can't complain, it's been a hot summer and I love having a constant breeze.
Here's the dresser/changing table.

The glider is to the right of the dresser. I decided to go with green/neutral colors for the basics in the room and accessorize with pink details. That way, the room will be ready for a littly boy, or if I want to use it as a sewing room. I made the curtains, glider pillow, bumper cover, and crib skirt out of inexpensive bed sheets. It was surprisingly easy and I was able to achieve the look I was going for without spending a lot of money.


Here's the crib. Hard to believe a baby will be in there in a few days!

And what's a girl to do without her closet. :) That's her bag sitting on the floor, all packed and ready for the hospital!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yipee, it all looks great! I love ceiling fans too...and I think Finley likes watching the one in his room from his crib, sort of like a built-in mobile. :) I know your little one is going to be so comfy cozy in her room!