Monday, June 15, 2009

The Hellmans Visit

My sister and her family came for a visit this past weekend. We got some sweet time with their newest addition, 5-week-old Joshua. Big brother Elijah is full-time-fun now that he's walking (running) and talking a lot.

Dinner out at 5 Guys. With a pregnant lady and nursing mom, you can't go wrong with burgers and fries. :)


Here's Joe with Joshua. Joshua is very sweet, happy, snuggly baby--which makes hime so much fun to hold. Joe and I got to practice a few parenting basics like diapers, bathtime, and bedtime. It was great chance for me to test out my nursery set up too (it's still a work in progress, but most of the major pieces are there). My favorite part of the trip was seeing the boys as they woke up in the morning. Elijah was all smiles and wanted to pet the "bark bark" first thing. Joshua woke up with that sweet newborn smell and let us all hold and hug him.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah! So glad you had a nice visit and got to practice some newborn skills. Post some pics of the nursery soon!

Chris and Abby said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful visit! I'm sure seeing the little one made you SO ready for your sweet little girl to come! And I must say, I LOVE five guys!