Sunday, July 17, 2011

Playtime

We've had lots of good playtime around this house recently.

Here's Grace playing with some dry pinto beans. This game held her attention for 30 minutes or more, a long time for an almost-2-year-old. I was hesitant to give her a game with so many little pieces, but she did great to not eat or scatter the beans. I've noticed that she enjoys mimicking me cooking and cleaning in the kitchen, and it's sweet to think about the good times we'll have cooking together as she gets older.

See Grace's accessories? Ever since Daniel arrived, I've worn an elastic hair band around my wrist to keep track of my nursing schedule. Grace found some of my hair bands ("bracelets", as she calls them) and wears them all the time. Her "necklace" is another hair accessory of mine. I need to get this girl some of her own jewelry!



Daniel isn't a sleeping newborn anymore! He's just big enough for the exersaucer, and loves it. He's starting to reach out for toys, grab them, and put them in his mouth. I see him working so hard to make his hand or foot go where he wants it to. What a privilege to watch this little man develop from the very beginning.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think we are living parallel lives (minus the bracelets...we would be wearing a fire engine hat instead!!). Luke loves to "cook" on the floor in the kitchen and we have the same exersaucer for Cale. Good times!

Michelle said...

Finley loves playing with beans too! And I can't believe Daniel is already old enough to enjoy the jumperoo!