It's baby consignment season in Atlanta, and there's a huge sale that happens twice a year in our area. First-time moms are allowed to shop for an hour and a half the evening before the sale opens to the public. I went with my always-adventerous mother-in-law, and I was so glad to have her there! The sale was huge. Tons of baby gear and clothes. When they opened the doors at 8pm a rush of pregnant women ran towards the cribs and strollers. I was right there in the mix. Out of 10 or so cribs to choose from, I quickly found one that I liked and wrote "SOLD" on the tag. There was no time for indecision! My mother-in-law was a trooper. At one point I looked back to see her carrying a huge baby swing while pushing a stroller. We had a great time. I bought most of the big baby items that we'll need...crib, jogging stroller, swing, bouncy seat, ... What a blessing to get great stuff for a low price. I'll definately go back next sale for baby clothes.
We had to call Joe to bring his SUV to the sale to help carry things home. He was thrilled to have gotten so much stuff at a low price, AND to have missed out on all the painful Baby's-R-Us shopping trips. Here's the proud dad assembling the crib the night of the sale. I couldn't wait to see it all set up in the baby's room.
And here are the shoppers. Do we look tired? (I think I'm going with the lighter green on the left for the nursery color.)
No comments:
Post a Comment