Here it is, middle of winter, and my sunroom plants have never looked better! I bought an orchid August '07 that bloomed nicely for a month or more. When the original blooms died, I half-heartedly watered, certainly not expecting such a fruitful re-bloom!
Joe caught this scene out the sunroom window recently on a Saturday morning. The small birds of the neighborhood love our bird feeder, which is too tight for larger, more aggressive birds. We often see 2 or more birds eating at a time, and the neighborhood ducks help themselves to whatever ends up in the grass.
Forget any winter gray days when such life is all around my sunroom!
Hannah


2 comments:
What a pretty bloom, Mrs. Greenthumb!
I'm glad someone else can keep beautiful flowers alive. If it were a task given to me alone, the world as we know it would be a dry, bloomless place! I have killed even a cactus before. Thanks for keeping this blog going. I enjoy checking in.
Post a Comment